Directions: Answer three questions from this section. (10 points each)
1. What are the three most important aspects of the nature of translation that must be considered when reading a translation? Explain each briefly.
2. Discuss the beginning of literature—its “oral” history. What are some advantages? What are some disadvantages? Be sure to include in your answer how this impacted the history of writing.
3. Discuss the history of the Greek civilization. Be sure to include at least three major events in its development/decline.
4. Discuss the development of archaic China.
5. Characterize the “Romans” of the Roman Empire. Include at least three specific characteristics.
6. Explain Christianity’s impact on the Hebrew, Greek and Roman worlds. How did they all “intersect” on Christianity? Explain.
7. Contrast the Hebrew attitude/image of God with the Christian interpretation. Give at least two specific examples to support your answer.
8. Characterize Islamic literature. Be sure to include at least three specific examples to support your answer.
Directions: Answer one question from each of the nine literary selections. (8 points each)
9. Characterize God as we see Him presented in our readings from Genesis.
10. What does “psalms” mean? What are they? Explain their importance to the people of Israel.
11. Characterize Odysseus.
12. Why are Books XXII-XXIV sometimes called revenge and reunion? Explain.
13. Define irony. Discuss Sophocles’ use of irony. Be sure to include in your discussion at least two different types of irony.
14. Characterize either Oedipus or Creon. Be sure to include at least three specific qualities of his personality/character.
The Apology of Socrates
15. What are the three major points that are made in The Apology? Explain each briefly.
16. Why was this written by Plato? Explain the relationship of the two.
17. Define tragedy according to Aristotle.
18. What importance does plot and character play in his definition. Explain each briefly.
19. Discuss the life of Confucius and how it impacted his work.
20. Discuss the significance of the form of Analects. Explain briefly.
21. Define karma. Explain its significance to The Bhagavad-Gita.
22. Who is Krishna? Explain.
23. Characterize Aeneas. How is he different/alike the Greek heroes we studied? Support your answer with specific examples.
24. What are some “sights” or people that Aeneas sees in his journey to the underworld? Give one specific example of each.
25. Characterize Ovid’s writing. Give at least two specific examples to support your answer.
26. Summarize the story of Apollo and Daphne, Deucalion and Pyrrha, or Puramus and Thisbe.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more