Final Exam (music)
Due Date: The Final is due at 7 pm on Wednesday, May 9. You may submit it
at any time before this date as well. (Total of 500 words)
* The Final Exam will consist of your written responses to the questions below.
* You may use any online, print, or other sources while you write your responses.
Please cite your sources, either as a works cited list, or as in-text citations in
parenthesis. No need to cite the readings listed here (you can just refer to it as “the
reading” for example).
The Exam: Describe music and culture in various types of music.
* For each of your three responses, write a paragraph (about 100-175 words). You
will write about any two of the five examples that I have given, and also one
example of your own choice.
* In each paragraph response, try to answer all of these questions:
1. What are some important musical characteristics of music in this area,
and/or who is this individual performer?
2. Hcan you describe the sounds? Listen to the music, and write about it in your
own words. If applicable, what are the lyrics about?
3. If applicable, what do you know about this music from experiences with your
family, community, or personal life?
* Your responses should be organized into paragraphs, one for each example that you
Complete both parts 1 and 2:
1) Select and write about any two of these five musical examples:
Example 1 — Bianzhong (ancient bell-chime) music from China
video: “Bianzhong Concert at Hubei Museum”
Example 2 — Native American Hip Hop music
video: “Rez Life – Blue Flamez”
Example 3 — West African / European fusion music video
video: “FOLI (there is no movement without rhythm)”
Example 4 — Minimalism from United States 1970s
video: “Sextet, by Steve Reich”
2) In addition, write about one other example:
Example 5 — Your choice!
Select any song or piece of music you wish, and write about it according
to the guidelines below. No need to find a reading to go with it.
* For part 2 in which you pick your own song, please include a link (to YouTube,
Vimeo, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, etc.), so that I may listen to it.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more