- There are many theories to juvenile delinquency. Discuss the purpose of these theories and how they forecast delinquent behavior.
- What are nominal sanctions, juvenile and community-based corrections and custodial sanctions? Are nominal sanctions, juvenile and community-based corrections and custodial sanctions effective in reducing juvenile delinquency? Why or why not?
- What is intensive supervised probation? What are important elements of an intensive supervised probation program for juveniles?
- Discuss the importance of intervention and prevention? Are treatment programs considered intervention or prevention programs?
- How does a juvenile progress through the juvenile justice system? Include the intake to trial, disposition and corrections process in your response
- Distinguish between the different waivers the juvenile court system use.
- What is the social system theory and is it important when looking at prevention and intervention programs?
- What are the various types of custodial facilities for juveniles? How do these facilities differ? In what ways are they similar?
- What are the roles of the juvenile probation officer, defense attorney and prosecutor? Are these roles effective in meeting the goals of the juvenile system? Why or why not?
- Compare and contrast the different components and goals of juvenile corrections.
- Discuss the adjudication and dispositional alternatives in the juvenile court system.
- Discuss the history of juvenile justice. How did juveniles acquire rights?