Assignment 3: Usability Evaluation
Due Week 7 and worth 70 points
Several e-readers for reading ebooks, watching movies, and browsing photographs such as Sony’s e-reader, Amazon’s Kindle, and Apple’s iPad are available on the market. These devices are thin and lightweight and are ideally designed for reading books, newspapers, and magazines. The exact design differs between makes and models, but they all support book reading that is intended to be as comfortable as reading a paper book.
The developers of a new e-reader want to find out how appealing it will be to young people under 18 years of age. To this end, they have asked you to conduct some interviews for them.
1. What is the goal of your data gathering session?
2. Suggest ways of recording the interview data.
3. Suggest a set of questions that are suitable for use in an unstructured interview that seek opinions about e-readers and their appeal to the under-18s.
4. Based on the results of the unstructured interviews, the developers of the new e-reader have found that two important acceptance factors are whether the device can be handled easily and whether the typeface and appearance can be altered. Write a set of semi-structured interview questions to evaluate these two aspects. If you have an e-reader available, show it to two of your peers and ask them to comment on your questions. Refine the questions based on their comments.
This assignment requires that you create a free SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro online questionnaire account.
1. Go to http://www.surveymonkey.com/ OR http://questionpro.com/.
2. Sign up for a free basic plan / account by following the instructions on the screen.
3. Follow the instructions on how to create a simple survey.
I – In this assignment you will create an online questionnaire. Prepare as follows:
· Read Activity 7.2 on page 239 of the textbook (attached above)
· Create an online questionnaire using your account on SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro, depending on which one you selected during the.
· Insert the six (6) questions in your questionnaire. You may add additional questions if you wish.
· Send an email to at least five (5) friends or participants and ask them to participate in the online questionnaire. Include the link to the online questionnaire in the email.
· Give your participants some time to complete the online questionnaire.
· Use SurveyMonkey® or QuestionPro to analyze the collected data.
· Download and save the report. You may take a screenshot if you wish.
· Attach your report to your assignment paper.
II – Write a five (5) page paper in which you:
1. Include the survey report.
2. Describe the positive and negative aspects of creating and conducting an online questionnaire.
3. Speculate on the reliability of the collected data.
4. Recommend two (2) methods that you can use to validate the collected data.
5. Based on your experience, describe the major challenges of using an online questionnaire Website.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
7. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more