There are many database management systems (DBMSs) out there, as well as many tools that can be used to manipulate and administer these DBMSs. For your next activity in this module, you will investigate four common home or enterprise DBMSs and their associated tools, select one that best fits your project, install the DBMS and any tools you need, and create the database and its tables.
The resources for this week on our Learning Activities and Assessments page include links and information on four different DBMSs: Oracle DB, MySQL DB, Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL), and MS Access. Research these DBMSs and in a Word document, do and submit the following:
1. Create a chart with the following columns comparing the four DBMSs:
a. Publisher/authorLicense information
b. Minimum system requirements
c. Management tools available (e.g., MySQL Workbench)
d. Features and other information unique to the DBMS
2. Write a paragraph in which you explain your selection of one DBMS for your project. Justify your choice and show why this DBMS is best suited for your project.
3. Install the DBMS and any helpful management tools.
4. Write and execute DDL statements that will create tables and relationships that match the ER diagram you created in previous modules. of the statements’ successful execution (one screenshot per successful DDL statement).
5. Write a one paragraph reflection on this exercise. Was it easy? Hard? Why or why not? Were you able to locate all the reference material and tools you needed? Please explain. What would you do different next time, and why? What parts did you find most challenging? Provide examples and justify your selection.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.) and save it frequently to your computer. For those assignments that are not written essays and require uploading images or PowerPoint slides, please follow uploading guidelines provided by your instructor.
Check your work and correct any spelling or grammatical errors. When you are ready to submit your work, click “Submit Assignment” in the upper right corner. Click on “Browse,” browse your computer, and select your file. Click “Open” and verify the correct file name has appeared next to the Browse button. Enter your comments, if any, in the Comments area. Click on “Submit Assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more