THIS IS A RESPONDING TO PEERS ASSIGNMENT. PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THE GUIDED RESPONSE BELOW. RESPOND TO PEER 1 THE ON A SEPARATE PAGE RESPOND TO PEER 2
Guided Response: Respond to your peers by providing
· At least two suggested resources as well as what each resource can offer, that could be added to their information sheet.
· These resources need to provide teachers with further information regarding ADHD.
· An example of a resource might be Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. You will need to explain what the resource offers regarding ADHD.
Types of ADHD
· Inattentive- children with this type of adhd may have difficulty with impulse control, they are constantly moving.
· Hyperactive-impulsive- children with this type of adhd have a hard time paying attention, they are easily distracted.
· Combination- Children with this type have problems with hyperactivity, impulse control and paying attention.
Causes of ADHD
· Hereditary is the main cause of ADHD, research has shown that over 25% of the first-degree relatives have ADHD
· Exposure to certain chemical and toxins, such as lead can cause ADHD. Mothers who smoke and drink alcohol may have a higher risk of having a child diagnosed with ADHD.
Signs and Symptoms
· Constant fidgeting and impulsive movement and behavior
· Lack of attention
· Easily distracted
· Cannot stay on or complete tasks
Importance of medical diagnosis and why?
· There is no one test that can be used to diagnose ADHD. The best way to confirm A diagnosis of ADHD is through various forms of assessments administered by teachers and doctors, as well as certain neurological tests.
· It is important that children who have ADHD are properly diagnosed and treated so that they may have successful and productive academic and life experiences.
The IDEA category it fits under
· The IDEA includes 13 categories of disabilities. ADHD is not considered as specific disability, it falls under the category of “other health impairment”
There is a student in the classroom room I work in who has been diagnosed with ADHD, as per her IEP, she takes medication to control her impulses and keep her attention and behavior on task. In the classroom, the teacher has created a seating arrangement, where the student us paired up with another student that can help redirect her and keep her on task.
ADHD in Kids: Symptoms, Types and Tests for ADD in Children (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Learn about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, including symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment
ADHD INFO SHEET
Types of ADHD:
ADHD Predominantly inattentive:
Students with this struggle with inattention without major difficulties with hyperactivity and impulsivity.
ADHD Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive:
Students with this struggle with hyperactivity and impulsivity without major difficulties with inattention.
Students struggle with both inattentive and hyperactive-impulsive characteristics.
-fails to give close attention to details
-does not seem to listen when directly spoken to
-does not follow through on instructions
-has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
-loses things easily
-fidgets with hands or feet
-leaves seat in classroom
-runs about or climbs excessively
– has difficulty playing in leisure activities quietly
-On the go
-blurts out answers before questions have been completed.
-difficulty waiting for their turn
– often interrupts or intrudes
There is not a primary cause for ADHD, however it is probably a combination of biology, genetics, and the environment.
Many researchers hypothesize that students with ADHD are either missing specific neurotransmitters or that they are faulty. Genes also play a role in the likelihood of a student developing ADHD. There isn’t a gene identified however, most students with ADHD have a family member with ADHD.
Several factors may occur during gestation. (Mothers who smoke may have babies with a higher risk)
Low-birth weight or premature babies have a higher risk as well.
Some believe that family dynamics contribute to ADHD.
(hostile environments might be riskier)
Importance of medical diagnosis:
It is important to get a diagnosis because ADHD usually affects the way a child learns and behaves. It can impact a child’s ability to learn and succeed, so getting help is important for the child to progress. It can also help things at home, if the child is overwhelming the family.
IDEA Category It Fits Under:
ADHD falls under the IDEA 2004 category of Other Health Impairment. For a student to qualify for special education services under IDEA 2004, the student must exhibit an academic deficit related to the ADHD.
How IEP or 504 Plans Can Help:
Teachers use these plans as a guideline to determine appropriate accommodations or modifications. Most students with ADHD do not have accommodations or modifications in their IEP, they are mostly found in the form of a behavior intervention plan.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more