Review the lecture videos and read the textbook to complete this assignment. Do not copy-paste anything from the textbook or my PPT slides. Plagiarism will lead to 0% for the assignment, or in the worst-case scenario, “F” for the entire course. The best practice is paraphrasing.
1. Define following pitfalls and pratfalls of decision making in your words, and write one clear, relatable example for each concept.
a. Making sound Decision
b. Good decision and subjective utility
c. Descriptive and prescriptive processes
d. Three types of heuristics (available, recognition, representative)
e. Failure to seek disconfirming evidence
g. Wishful thinking
l. Exposure effect
m. Emotional states
o. Unconscious and emotional influences
p. Cognitive dissonance
2. Choose ONE BIG problem of your life that you have been struggling to make the right decision. For examples, big problem would be:
a. choosing a graduate program,
b. finding a correct partner,
c. choosing a lifelong career,
d. buying a house
e. moving out from parents’ house
f. planning to have a child
g. getting married etc.
3. Make a list of alternatives (options, at least 5) to your original problem.
4. Make a list of all possible considerations (at least 5) pertaining to the problem.
5. Use the Table 01 (in next page) to assess your alternatives. Make sure to consider every alternative in every consideration. Complete the calculation for each option.
6. Based on the decision-making Table 01, briefly describe three strategies for calculating your decision.
a. Overall assessment
b. Dimensional comparison
c. 2/3 ideal rule
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more