Need a little help with probability
1. Mr. Doodle’s grade distribution over the past 3 years for a course in college algebra is shown in the chart below.
If Jane plans to take a college algebra course with Mr. Doodle, determine the empirical probability that she receives at least a B.
2. The theoretical probability of undesirable side effects resulting from taking Grebex is 2 in 13. If 260 people take Grebex to lower their blood pressure, how many will encounter undesirable side effects?
4. One card is selected at random from a deck of cards. Determine the probability that the card is a red 10.
(Points : 4)
(Points : 3)
7. In a multiple-choice test, each question has five options. Students will get 3 points for each correct answer; lose 1 point for each incorrect answer; and receive no points for unanswered questions. A student does not know the correct answer for one question. Is it to her advantage or disadvantage to guess an answer? Show your calculations for expected value. Show your work for full credit.
8. One thousand raffle tickets are sold for $1.00 each. One grand prize of $200 and two consolation prizes of $50 each will be awarded. Jeremy purchases one ticket. Find his expected value. Show your work for full credit.
9. A person spins the pointer and is awarded the amount indicated by the pointer.
It costs $6 to play the game. Determine:
• The expectation of a person who plays the game.
• The fair price to play the game.
Show your work for full credit.
(Points : 6)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more