1) Any organism that causes disease is classified as a(n)
2) Immunity that develops over time due to exposure to various antigens is termed
3) The core of the immune system is made up of
intact mucus membranes.
red blood cells.
white blood cells.
4) The first barrier to invasion is
intact skin and body cavity linings.
direct attack by white blood cells.
development of memory cells.
5) All but which of the following can be called a pathogen?
6) The production site for white blood cells is the
7) Lymph nodes enlarge during an infection because
they become infected.
lymphocytes destroy invaders inside of them.
they become clogged due to infections in the blood.
the body produces double the amount of lymph.
8) T cells multiply and become specialized in the
9) Which chemical released by white blood cells causes arterioles to dilate?
10) Fever develops when ____ stimulate the brain to release prostaglandins.
11) Skin is a component of which type of immunity?
12) Cells produced by dividing B or T cells may be set aside for future responses to threat. These cells ‘remember’ the pathogen and are called
13) Which is the first antibody secreted during immune responses and the first one produced by newborns?
14) Which antibody is involved in allergic reaction?
15) Natural Killer cells are
present outside of the lymphatic system only.
detect and kill virus-infected body cells.
16) Plasma cells come from
17) How many different ‘types’ of Antibodies are there in the human body?
18) The purpose of a booster shot is to
counteract specific antigens in the system.
elicit a secondary response to an antigen.
elicit a primary response to an antigen.
re-establish the formation of antibodies.
19) Passive immunization
is used to prevent a person from becoming infected.
causes antibody formation.
is the same thing as immunotherapy.
is the administration of already formed antibodies from another source.
20) What is the name given to the chemicals which disrupt viral replication?
21) Which of the following act as “filters” in the lymph system?
22) The largest lymphoid organ is the
The lymph vascular system begins at
24) Which characteristic(s) of urine help it to bar pathogens from the urinary tract?
a high pH
a low pH
25) Which chemical released by white blood cells causes capillaries to leak?
26) Which of the following would NOT be an action of the complement system?
marking of pathogens for destruction by macrophages
attraction of phagocytes to the scene of pathogen invasion
trapping of pathogens in tangled protein threads
lysis of a pathogen’s membrane
27) The markers that identify an individual’s cells are referred to as Major Histocompatibility complexes, what are the letters that represent this complex?
28) Which cells make you immune to a disease that you were previously exposed to?
29) Antigen-presenting cells include
monocytes, lymphocytes, and basophils.
neutrophils, monocytes, and eosinophils
macrophages, dendritic cells, and B cells.
lymphocytes, basophils, and neutrophils
30) What stimulates activation of B and T cells?
cell recognition of an antigen
production of complement
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more