Week 8 Discussion Option A
“The Classical Tradition reborn” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
• Identify two (2) classical Greek and / or Roman figures or qualities in any work by Michelangelo or by Raphael. Discuss the primary reasons why popes and other patrons might allow such trappings of ancient pagan culture within a Christian society, even in sacred contexts. Provide a rationale for your response. Describe any modern structure or sculpture or work of art where you can identify either ancient pagan images or features, or a mix of elements from different cultures and periods.
Michelangelo and Raphael: The Classical Tradition Reborn
• Chapter 15 (pp. 494-5, 505-513), Stylistic features and imagery from ancient classical art and myth; review Week 8 Music Folder
• Sistine Chapel tour at http://smarthistory.khanacademy.org/sistine-chapel-ceiling.html
• Sistine Chapel information at http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/m/michelan/3sistina/index.html
• Sistine Chapel theory at http://karlzipser.com/michelangelo.html
Week 8 Discussion Option B
“Van Eyck and Analyzing Art in the Northern Renaissance” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
• Explain whether you agree with the interpretation of either Sayre or Koster of Van Eyck’s Arnolfini double portrait, identifying the most persuasive part of that interpretation. Describe two (2) symbolic elements of the painting and any other features that stand out to you. Pretend you are having a portrait done of you and a significant other; describe at least four (4) symbolic elements that you might include in the painting, and explain why.
Jan Van Eyck’s Arnolfini Double Portrait
• Henry Sayre’s interpretation in Chapter 16, (pp. 548-551, Figs. 16.7-16.8); review Week 8 Music Folder
• Margaret Koster’s interpretation at http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+Arnolfini+double+portrait%3A+a+simple+solution.-a0109131988
FOUR DIFFERENT ANSWER VERSIONS POSTED AS A BONUS CHOOSE ANYONE
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more