Prepare a paper between 11-12 pages that addresses the following parts:
· Part 1: Implicit Association Tests
Go to https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html and complete 5 Implicit Association Tests: Race, Gender-Career, Sexuality, Age, and Disability
· Part 2: Reflection Paper (5 pages)
For each IAT address the following questions:
1. Were you surprised by your test result? Why or why not? What feelings or reactions did you have?
2. What are the sources of implicit bias (Consider your childhood and family upbringing; the neighborhoods in which you’ve lived; elements of your career path; media messages; your family and peer networks; etc.) that are reflected in each of your test results? How might these experiences have shaped your biases, with or without your conscious awareness?
3. How might your implicit biases impact your work with this group of vulnerable and oppressed people?
4. How might knowing your IAT results affect your future actions and decisions, both in your role at your workplace and in other aspects of your life?
· Part 3: Reading and Response Papers (6 pages)
Use your IAT results to select 2 articles that address social work practice with a vulnerable population. For each article complete the following:
1. Description – In your own words, write a two-page description indicating the major substantive content covered. Detail the purpose of the article and major points made by the author(s). Do not use quotations, paraphrase instead. Also, do not use in-text citations.
2. Reflection – In half a page, identify and discuss 3 new things you learned from reading the article. How will this reduce your implicit bias? Be specific.
3. Practice Application – In half a page, from the new knowledge acquired through the reflection, develop at least 3 practice applications. Specifically, what will YOU do in practice as a result of reading the article? What action will you take?
Ø BE SURE TO REVIEW THE VAGUE VERSUS SPECIFIC DOCUMENT UNDER THE COURSE REOURCES MODULE ON CANVAS (See below)
Remember that students generally lose the most points on the first assignment by providing vague or generic practice applications that are not linked to the articles.
Below I listed vague practice applications that will not score high along with more specific ones that will maximize your score.
Vague – I will do more research on older adults.
Specific – I will read the article. “The Strengths of Older Adults: Implications for Social Work” by Forrest and Bender
Vague – I will advocate with my employer on this issue.
Specific – I will seek a meeting with my supervisor to discuss creation of an adhoc workgroup to better explore service implications of homelessness about LGBTQIA youth.
Vague – I will remember to think about these things in practice.
Specific – I will list my pre-ssuppositions (things you presuppose i.e stereotypes) about people with disabilities before each intake in order to separate out their unique experiences from my personal implicit and explicit biases.
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay Writing Help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay Writing Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay Writing Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.