1. Han Corporation issues a bond which has a coupon rate of 9.40%, a yield to maturity of 7.75%, a face value of $1,000, and a market price of $990. What is the semiannual interest payment? Round to two decimal places.
2. A shipping company sold an issue of 14-year $1,000 par bonds to build new ships. The bonds pay 10% interest, compounded semiannually. Today’s required rate of return is 8.50%. How much should these bonds sell for today? Round to two decimal places.
3. Assume a company has an issue of 30-year $1,000 par value bonds that pay 4.75% interest, compounded annually. Further assume that today’s required rate of return on these bonds is 3.25%. How much would these bonds sell for today? Round to two decimal places.
4. Atlantis Company issued bonds on January 1, 2006. The bonds had a coupon rate of 6.0%, with interest paid semiannually. The face value of the bonds is $1,000 and the bonds mature on January 1, 2024. What is the yield to maturity for these bonds on January 1, 2019 if the market price of the bond on that date is $1,150? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
5. A $1,000 par value 8-year bond with a 13 percent coupon rate recently sold for $980. What is the yield to maturity if the bond makes semiannual payments? Submit your answer as a percentage rounded to two decimal places.
6. Consider a 7 year bond with face value $1,000 that pays an 8.4% coupon semi-annually and has a yield-to-maturity of 6.9%. What is the approximate percentage change in the price of bond if interest rates in the economy are expected to increase by 0.40% per year? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places. (Hint: What is the expected price of the bond before and after the change in interest rates?)
7. Nippon, Inc. expects its current annual $3.30 per share common stock dividend to remain the same for the foreseeable future. What is the intrinsic value of the stock to an investor with a required return of 9.2%? Round to two decimal places.
8. Hackworth Company’s common stock is expected to pay a $6.10 dividend in the coming year. If investors require an 11% return and the growth rate in dividends is expected to be 7%, what should the market price of the stock be? Round to two decimal places.
9. Nell Corporation stock is currently selling for $15.50. The stock is expected to pay a dividend of
$1.75 at the end of the year. Dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 6% indefinitely. Compute the expected rate of return on Nell Corporation stock. Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
10. Finkle-McGraw Corp. just paid a dividend today of $2.60 per share. The dividend is expected to grow at a constant rate of 4.6% per year. If Finkle-McGraw Corp. stock is selling for $72.00 per share, what is the stockholders’ expected rate of return? Submit your answer as a percentage and round to two decimal places.
You are required to use a financial calculator or spreadsheet (Excel) to solve 10 problems related to the risk and return, stocks and bonds valuation. You are required to show the following 3 steps for each problem (sample questions and solutions are provided for guidance):
(i) Describe and interpret the assumptions related to the problem.
(ii) Apply the appropriate mathematical model to solve the problem.
(iii) Calculate the correct solution to the problem.
Sample Questions and Solutions
Sample Question # 1:
A company has an issue of 12-year bonds that pay 5% interest, annually. Further assume that today’s required rate of return on these bonds is 7%. How much would these bonds sell for today? Round off to the nearest $1.
(i) The problem assumes that the face value of the bond is $1000. The bond will pay an annual coupon of 5% i.e., coupon or interest amount of $50 is assumed to paid every year. It also assumes that investors currently required a return of 7% on investments with similar risk characteristics. The use of bond valuation concept is appropriate to calculate the true value of these bonds. The accuracy of the solution depends on the correctness of the assumptions on face value, coupon payments and required rate of return assumption.
(ii) The use of bond valuation concept which suggests that the true value of a bond is the present value of its future coupon and face value discounted at investors required rate of return is appropriate to calculate the true value of these bonds. We are required to compute the present value (PV) which represents the true value of the bond.
(iii) FV= $1000; PMT=$50; Rate = 7%; N=12 years; Compute PV = ? $841.15 Value of the Bond = $841.15
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay Writing Help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay Writing Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay Writing Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.