Grossman Products began operations in 2011. The following selected transactions occurred from September 2011 through March 2012. Grossman’s fiscal year ends on December 31.
(a.) On September 5, Grossman opened a checking account and negotiated a short-term line of credit of up to $10,000,000 at 10% interest. The company is not required to pay any commitment fees.
(b.) On October 1, Grossman borrowed $8,000,000 cash and issued a 5-month promissory note with 10% interest payable at maturity.
(c.) Grossman received $3,000 of refundable deposits in December for reusable containers.
(d.) For the September through December period, sales totaled $5,000,000. The state sales tax rate is 4% and 75% of sales are subject to sales tax.
(e.) Grossman recorded accrued interest.
(f.) Grossman paid the promissory note on the March 1 due date.
(g.) Half of the storage containers are returned in March, with the other half expected to be returned over the next 6 months.
1. Prepare the appropriate journal entries for the 2011 transactions.
2. Prepare the liability section of the balance sheet at December 31, 2011, based on the data supplied.
3. Prepare the appropriate journal entries for the 2012 transactions.
The following selected transactions relate to contingencies of Eastern Products Inc. which began operations in July, 2011. Eastern’s fiscal year ends on December 31. Financial statements are published in April, 2012.
1. No customer accounts have been shown to be uncollectible as yet, but Eastern estimates that 3% of credit sales will eventually prove uncollectible. Sales were $300 million (all credit) for 2011.
2. Eastern offers a one-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects for all its products. Industry experience indicates that warranty costs will approximate 2% of sales. Actual warranty expenditures were $3.5 million in 2011 and were recorded as warranty expense when incurred.
3. In December, 2011, Eastern became aware of an engineering flaw in a product that poses a potential risk of injury. As a result, a product recall appears inevitable. This move would likely cost the company $1.5 million.
4. In November, 2011, the State of Vermont filed suit against Eastern, asking civil penalties and injunctive relief for violations of clean water laws. Eastern reached a settlement with state authorities to pay $4.2 million in penalties on February 3, 2012.
5. Eastern is the plaintiff in a $40 million lawsuit filed against a customer for costs and lost profits from contracts rejected in 2011. The lawsuit is in final appeal and attorneys advise that it is virtually certain that Eastern will be awarded $30 million.
Prepare the appropriate journal entries that should be recorded as a result of each of these contingencies. If no journal entry is indicated, state why.
The following facts relate to gift cards sold by Sunbru Coffee Company during 2011. Sunbru’s fiscal year ends on December 31.
(a.) In October, 2011 sold $3,000 of gift cards, and redeemed $500 of those gift cards.
(b.) In November, 2011, sold $4,000 of gift cards, and redeemed $1,400 of October gift cards and $700 of November gift cards.
(c.) In December, 2011, sold $3,000 of gift cards, and redeemed $200 of October gift cards, $2,000 of November gift cards, and $400 of December gift cards.
(d.) Sunbru views a gift card to be “broken” (with a remote probability of redemption) two months after the end of the month in which it is sold. Thus, an unredeemed gift card sold at any time during July would be viewed as broken as of September 30.
1. Prepare all journal entries appropriate to be recorded only during the month of December, 2011 relevant to gift card sales, gift card redemptions, and gift card breakage.
2. Determine the balance of the unearned revenue liability to be reported in the December 31, 2011, balance sheet. Show the relevant T-account information to support your answer
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay Writing Help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay Writing Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay Writing Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.