25. All of the following qualitative considerations may impact upon capital investments analysis except:
a. time value of money
b. employee morale
c. the impact on product quality
d. manufacturing flexibility
26. All of the following are factors that may complicate capital investment analysis except:
a. the leasing alternative
b. changes in price levels
c. sunk cost
d. the federal income tax
27. The Nite Lite Factory produces two products – small lamps and desk lamps. It has two separate departments – finishing and production. The overhead budget for the finishing department is $550,000, using 500,000 direct labor hours. The overhead budget for the production department is $400,000 using 80,000 direct labor hours. If the budget estimates that a desk lamp will require 1 hours of finishing and 2 hours of production, how much factory overhead will be allocated to each unit of desk lamps using the multiple production department factory overhead rate method with an allocation base of direct labor hours?
28. Using a plant-wide factory overhead rate distorts product costs when:
a. products require different ratios of allocation-base usage in each production department
b. significant differences exist in the factory overhead rates used across different production departments
c. both A and B exist
d. either A or B exist
29. Which of the following is characteristic of a traditional cost system?
a. Many work in process account transactions
b. Reliance on financial performance measures
c. Many process control points
d. All of the above
30. The local college is aggressively working in reducing the time that a student needs to enroll for each semester. All except one of the following changes is helping in their efforts.
a. Counselors are specializing in common degree plans.
b. One application is good at the Community college and at the transferring University.
c. A one stop area includes registration, admissions, advising, and ID’s. Each working closely with each other.
d. Reduce the number of degrees being offered.
31. Diamond Company produces a chair that requires 5 yds. of material per unit. The standard price of one yard of material is $7.50. During the month, 8,500 chairs were manufactured, using 40,000 yards at a cost of $7.60. Determine the (a) price variance, (b) quantity variance, and (c) cost variance (6 points).
32. Some items are omitted from each of the following condensed divisional income statements of Willis Inc (8 points):
Division L Division M Division N
Sales $ (1) $320,000 $580,000
Cost of goods sold 480,000 120,000 $ (5)
Gross profit $220,000 $ (3) $180,000
Operating expenses 95,000 160,000 $ (6)
Income from operations $ (2) $ (4) $ 75,000
(a) Determine the amount of the missing items, identifying them by number.
(b) Based on income from operations, which division is the most profitable?
33. Delicious Cake Factory normally sells their specialty cake for $22. An offer to buy 100 cakes for $18 per cake was made by an organization hosting a national event in the city. The variable cost per cake is $12. A special decoration per cake will add another $1 to the cost. Determine the differential income or loss per cake from selling the cakes (10 points).
Year 6% 10% 12%
1 .943 .909 .893
2 1.833 1.736 1.690
3 2.673 2.487 2.402
4 3.465 3.170 3.037
5 4.212 3.791 3.605
6 4.917 4.355 4.111
7 5.582 4.868 4.564
8 6.210 5.335 4.968
9 6.802 5.759 5.328
10 7.360 6.145 5.650
A project is estimated to cost $273,840 and provide annual cash flows of $60,000 for seven years. Determine the internal rate of return for this project, using the above table (6 points).
35. Nite Lite Factory produces two similar products – small lamps and desk lamps. The total plant budget is $800,000 with 640,000 estimated direct labor hours. It is further estimated that small lamp production will have 375,000 direct labor hours and desk lamp production will require 265,000 direct labor hours (10 points).
(a) Determine the single plant factory overhead rate based on direct labor hours.
(b) How much is the factory overhead cost per unit if each small lamp uses 3 hours per unit?
(c) How much is the factory overhead cost per unit if each desk lamp uses 2.5 hours per unit?
(d) How much total factory overhead will be allocated to the small lamp production if 130,000 units are produced during the period?
(e) How much total factory overhead will be allocated to the desk lamp production if 104,000 are produced during the period?
Why Choose Us
We value our clients. For this reason, we ensure that each paper is written carefully as per the instructions provided by the client. Our editing team also checks all the papers to ensure that they have been completed as per the expectations.
Professional Academic Writers
Over the years, our Acme Homework has managed to secure the most qualified, reliable and experienced team of writers. The company has also ensured continued training and development of the team members to ensure that it keep up with the rising Academic Trends.
Our prices are fairly priced in such a way that ensures affordability. Additionally, you can get a free price quotation by clicking on the "Place Order" button.
We pay strict attention on deadlines. For this reason, we ensure that all papers are submitted earlier, even before the deadline indicated by the customer. For this reason, the client can go through the work and review everything.
At Essay Writing Help, all papers are plagiarism-free as they are written from scratch. We have taken strict measures to ensure that there is no similarity on all papers and that citations are included as per the standards set.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support team is readily available to provide any guidance/help on our platform at any time of the day/night. Feel free to contact us via the Chat window or support email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Essay Writing Help has stood as the world’s leading custom essay writing services providers. Once you enter all the details in the order form under the place order button, the rest is up to us.
At Essay Writing Help, we prioritize on all aspects that bring about a good grade such as impeccable grammar, proper structure, zero-plagiarism and conformance to guidelines. Our experienced team of writers will help you completed your essays and other assignments.
Admission and Business Papers
Be assured that you’ll definitely get accepted to the Master’s level program at any university once you enter all the details in the order form. We won’t leave you here; we will also help you secure a good position in your aspired workplace by creating an outstanding resume or portfolio once you place an order.
Editing and Proofreading
Our skilled editing and writing team will help you restructure you paper, paraphrase, correct grammar and replace plagiarized sections on your paper just on time. The service is geared toward eliminating any mistakes and rather enhancing better quality.
We have writers in almost all fields including the most technical fields. You don’t have to worry about the complexity of your paper. Simply enter as much details as possible in the place order section.