Hey! I have attached the reading you need to do to complete this. Here are the questions that need to be answered
1. First, what are the key elements of the socio-political context (See Appendix 1) in which FC Barcelona evolves in Part 1 of the case? Include a chart that breaks this down into the following years (1899, 1917-1922, 1922-1925, 1931, 1936-1939, 1940-1950, 1950, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1968, 1973-1975, & 1975-1978).
2. Then, in your opinion, as a manager, why should a manager be sensitive to these types of contextual elements? Provide proper support.
3. Who are the main players/actors (See Appendix 2) interacting in this first part of the case? *Hint-there are two main ones. In a table format similar to the one above, identify the two actors and then complete a strategic analysis looking at the following elements: goals, resources, strategies, and stakes (See Appendix 1 for complete description of elements.)
After completing this table, address the following questions (done in your groups):
a. What dominant analytical variables are presented (i.e. economic, political, symbolic, material, etc.)
b. Why do you think the symbolic dimension is so important in the relations between the Spanish government and FC Barcelona?
c. Would FC Barcelona have been able to survive on the strength of its successful performances on the playing field alone?
d. How do you think the organization would have evolved if the identity-based tensions had been inexistent or weak?
include some type of write up or table chronicling the evolution of the external environment and the internal environment. Elements of the internal and external environments are included below. I would break it into the following dates (1980-1990, 1990, 1994-1995, End or 90s-early 2000s, 2002-2003, 2003-2008, 2008-2012, and 2013-present)
The external environment includes aspects such as government intervention to rectify the lax management of the clubs, Bosman ruling, globalization of soccer, and any other element external to the organization.
Internal environmental aspects include the arrival of Cruijiff, creation of La Masia, the training center, and any other element internal to the organization.
2. Who are the main players/actors interacting in the second part of the case? *Hint-there are two main ones.
a. What major event pushed Barca and the other clubs to reconsider how they do things?
b. Since Barca was experiencing both sporting and financial hardships just when it would have been possible for it to adapt a strategy similar to that of Manchester United, why did it not do so?
c. Read Appendix 3 found at the end of the assignment to grasp organizational identity. What are the elements of continuity and discontinuity in the organizational identity that usher in and characterize FC Barcelona’s golden age of both financial and sporting performance?
3. Finally, the case highlights the need for managers who need to be able to understand and operate effectively within increasingly complex organizations and environments.
a. From a management perspective, provide three practical recommendations for FC Barcelona moving forward.
b. Provide three takeaway points from this case.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more