As a special education leader, you will have the opportunity to observe teachers in a variety of settings with students with varying exceptionalities. In order to ensure that students with exceptionalities are succeeding in math and science classes, you must not only be able to evaluate existing instructional practice(s), but also make recommendations for improving evidence-based instruction and for intervention strategies.
For this Assignment you will conduct additional research on evidence-based instructional practices for math and science, based on the selected age, grade, and disability level of your choice, which you will further recommend to pertinent stakeholders.
· Review the module’s Learning Resources. Reflect on the instructional strategies identified and whether or not you would recommend use of the strategies for enhancing instruction for students with varying exceptionalities.
· Select an age range and disability level (mild, moderate, or severe).
· Conduct a search for four peer-reviewed articles published within the last 3 years (two regarding evidence-based math interventions and two regarding evidence-based science interventions). You may use the peer-reviewed article selected for the Discussion as one of your four articles.
· Identify at least 10 evidence-based interventions for math and science (5 interventions for each subject) that would support diverse learners within your classroom and/or school.
Compose a 2- to 3-page paper that includes the following:
Section 1: Research Analysis
Evaluate the selected articles, addressing the following questions:
· What did the authors conclude regarding the effectiveness of the intervention? Are the conclusions justified?
· To what population do these results generalize? Do the results support a culturally diverse population?
· Is the intervention the most appropriate when instructing diverse learners? Has the intervention been proven to be effective among the identified disability category?
· How might the potential findings lead to positive social change for diverse learners?
Part 2: Gaps in Research
Based on your evaluation, identify any gaps from theory/research to practice; address the following in this section:
· Explain how the articles compare with other articles on the same topic.
· Explain whether the findings are reported in a clear and consistent manner. Did the article fail to acknowledge and explain any limitations or gaps in research?
· Explain why the articles are relevant to instructing diverse learners. What contribution will the study make to the field of special education?
Part 3: Resource List
Include a resource list for parents and staff of at least 10 evidence-based practices for math and science (5 interventions for each subject area) as an appendix to your paper. Be sure to suggest, cite, and explain specific resources and strategies.
For this Assignment and all scholarly writing in this course and throughout your program, you will be required to use APA style (6th edition). Please use the Walden Writing Center as a resource as you complete your assignments.
Note: To access this week‘s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Coyne, M. D., Kame’enui, E. J., & Carnine, D. W. (2011). Effective teaching strategies that accommodate diverse learners (4th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
Doabler, C. T., Nelson, N. J., Kosty, D. B., Fien, H., Baker, S. K., Smolkowski, K., & Clarke, B. (2013). Examining teachers’ use of evidence-based practices during core mathematics instruction. Assessment for Effective Intervention, 39(2), 99-111.
Powell, S. R. (2015). Connecting Evidence-Based Practice With Implementation Opportunities in Special Education Mathematics Preparation. Intervention in School and Clinic, 51(2), 90-96.
Spooner, F., Knight, V., Browder, D., Jimenez, B., & DiBiase, W. (2011). Evaluating evidence-based practice in teaching science content to students with severe developmental disabilities. Research & Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities, 36(1/2), 62–72.
National Council for Teachers of Mathematics. (n.d.). Executive summary: Principles and standards for school mathematics. Retrieved from http://www.nctm.org/uploadedFiles/Math_Standards/12752_exec_pssm.pdf
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more